The Private Placement Memorandum
At PPM LAWYERS, we are dedicated to providing you with an essential and powerful tool for raising capital. This tool is called a Private Placement Memorandum or PPM. So, what is a PPM? The PPM is a self-contained disclosure document consisting of everything that an investor will need to fund your business. The PPM also operates as legal protection that allows you to raise capital from investors while closing the loop on legal exposure and regulatory issues.
And, we have the distinguished benefit of using the services of a corporate securities lawyer with over twenty years experience working with startup companies and small businesses like yours. We specialize in organizing, preparing, and writing the most professional, complete, and cost effective PPMs in the industry.
Overview of the PPM
The PPM is a document that provides details about your business, including:
- Plan of Operations
- Marketing and Sales Plan
- Products and Services Offered
- Management Profiles
- Financial Statements and Projections
But, a properly prepared PPM also contains:
- Industry and Company-Specific Risk Factor
- Various State and Federal Legal Disclaimers
- A Description of The Company’s Capital Stock
- An Investor Subscription Agreement
- An Investor Questionnaire or Accredited Investor Representation Letter
See our blog on why it is critical that your PPM have custom risk factors, rather than just template-based or boilerplate risk factors.